UXPA 2018 Student Project Competition
UXPA International 2018 Student Project Competition
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 26th!
UXPA International is excited to announce the first ever Student Project Competition. This award recognizes the excellent contribution of students to the User Experience industry. A selection of finalists will be invited to present their project as a poster at UXPA International 2018, where a panel of industry experts will choose a winner.
Before the conference:
- Students submit a proposal summarizing why their project should be accepted and presented as a poster at UXPA International 2018.
- Jurors select up to 10 of the best entries and invite them to be presented at the conference.
- Students design the poster to showcase their project, print and bring along to the conference.
During the conference
- On the first day of the conference (June 25th) students hang their posters in the exhibition space alongside all other UXPA International 2018 posters.
- Students are free to participate in the whole conference, attend sessions and take advantage of the networking opportunities.
- During the poster session students have the opportunity to present their project to attendees, answering questions and demonstrating their great work.
- A judging session will be held, where each student presents their project to the panel of industry expert judges and a winner is selected.
Each year hundreds of industry experts submit to present at the UXPA International conference.
- This competition offers students a fast track to present their work to some of the biggest and brightest minds in our industry.
- UXPA International 2018 offers un-parelled networking opportunities and the chance to learn, quite literally from the people that wrote the books.
- Presenting in the poster session is a fun and relaxed way to take the first steps into presenting at industry conferences.
- Submissions are welcome from individuals and teams (max 8).
- Each submitter must be enrolled in a full-time academic degree program from an accredited university in a UX related field or have graduated with a UX related degree within the last year.
- Although there is no cost to enter the competition, students must register for the conference at the student early bird rate of $450 (this rate will be available to all students invited to present at the conference until 30 April 2018). Students are also responsible for all travel and accommodation costs.
How to enter
Enter the UXPA International 2018 Student Project Competition here
We’ll ask you for the following:
- Full name, university, country, and email contact information for each student.
- 1 page (300 word maximum) proposal on your project, why it is important to the field of UX and what attendees of UXPA International 2018 will learn from your poster.
Closing date for entries is extended to 26 March 2018.
Entries invited to present at UXPA International 2018 will be notified in early April. Good luck!